This approach is to embed flowplayer into a website and use it to play videos that are hosted on a video streaming server. It works pretty well on my Ubuntu 20.04 box. The main procedures are as follows:
- Set up RTMP and make sure it works.
- Inside your web root folder (e.g. /var/www/html), create a ‘player’ folder: mkdir player
- Download the following files and put them in the ‘player’ folder:
- sudo wget http://releases.flowplayer.org/swf/flowplayer-3.2.16.swf
- sudo wget http://releases.flowplayer.org/swf/flowplayer.controls-3.2.15.swf
- sudo wget http://releases.flowplayer.org/swf/flowplayer.rtmp-3.2.13.swf
- Create the HTML. Here is a sample: