In case this type of card can not reach full 2.5g speed on Microserver gen 10 plus, select from the System Utilities screen, then System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > PCIe Device Configuration > Advanced PCIe Configuration, select “PCI Generation 2.0” in Maximum PCI Express Speed. If it’s set to “PCI Generation 1.0”, the maximum speed can only reach 1.5gbps when you run iperf3 to measure the NIC bandwidth.
- Small size with only 2 bays.
- Perfectly fits my 2.5G home network.
- RAM can be upgraded to 10G (2+8) though offically supported max RAM is only 6GB (2+4).
- It is super quiet!
The well known noise and overheating issue of Nuc8i7beh has bothered many NUC users. My nuc has been working well but recently the noise became intolerable. Here is the brand new nuc I received in Dec 2019:
I decided to refurnish it with the following approaches.
- Replaced with new copper tube and mental liquid to improve CPU cooling capacity.
- Lubricated the CPU fan.
- Optimized BIOS settings.
Now it is quiet as usual and the overall performance is even better than the new nuc!
- Debian+Proxmox as base platform.
- Personal website
- Private cloud platform
- App servers for clonezilla, syncthing etc.
- Other VMs